Setup an Authentication Provider
So you want to have users, huh?
Find out more about our BuiltOn API key, the JWT you'll need and how we handle Authentication here. For the JWT, either do your own custom auth solution or use Firebase, Cognito or Auth0. Below is some guidance on how to set them up.
- 1.Set up a Firebase account.
- 2.In Firebase, add a new project and enter a name for it.
- 3.Under Develop, click on Authentication, then the Sign-In Method tab and choose the Sign-In Provider you want to use. Enable the slider and be sure to Save.
- 4.Go to Settings (the cog icon next to Project Overview) and get your Project ID.
- 5.On your BuiltOn Dashboard, go to Settings -> Auth Providers -> select Firebase and fill in the Project ID.
If you are issuing your own JWT tokens, please follow the steps below. We only support HS256 algorithm on self-issued tokens
- 1.On your BuiltOn Dashboard, go to Settings -> Auth Providers -> select Custom and fill in the your Client ID and Client Secret.